VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help with this whole fog light thing for an 02 Jetta GLI. Instead of overpaying for the Hella kit with the wireless that I don't need, and given that I want replace my stock grille, should I just dremmel my lower grills to fit the fogs, or use some mesh instead of the lower grills to give it more of a tougher look. I don't have money for a new bumper or a body kit, so that's out of the question. Any pics of modded front ends would be helpful.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still have those grilles lying around in you garage somewhere?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Jimmy, these are no more then $5 - $7 US each. So that is the reason why I decided to cut them. Knowing that if I screw up, I can replace them at virtually low cost.

As per my old ones? I trashed everything except my stock corner lights and the grille.
The bumper had to be cut so it is gone too.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I was also thinking about making custom holes that my fogs (a future mod-not yet bought) would poke out from. It depends on what shape of fogs I get-I really like the ones rich (dubwink) has on his-ralley halogens. nice.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I saw Rich's awhile back and that got me thinking. I have to figure out which grille I'm going to get then try to math up the mesh and get creative.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
glad you like my stuff guys! im either gonna get some mesh and put it over the holes or cut holes in the stock grills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts