VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just went to take my front grill off to paint my logo. What a frekin mess. Can anyone give me some pointers as to how to get the thing off without breaking every piece of britle plastic that holds it on? I already busted one of the clips at the top when I figured out that you are not supposed to turn those screws (yikes!) and to make it worse, another one of them was already busted. Once i get those off...is there anything else holding it on? Thanks

·
Registered
893 Posts
if you just want to paint the emblem take a flat head screw driver and pry it out around the edges... that piece pops right out

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
Yeah I did the same thing last weekend. At least there's still 4 clips on the bottom holding my grill on!

The black emblem looks great on a black car.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I know what you are going through.I broke mine removing it too.But I have a badgeless that went in place of it already anyway.You have to remove all of the screws and use a long flat head screw driver now be careful of your paint.It also helps to have a second person to help you pull the grill out whil pushing down on the plastic tabs.I hope this helps you!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, thanks guys. It was tough and I busted all the clips at the top only to find that you dont really need them - The grill stays on just fine with all the bottem clips. Painted my logo and it looks great. I also got those bumer intakes that go in place of the dummy reflector or foglight covers and i pained those two. Two good appearence upgrades for the last 2 days
sooooo much work to paint tho...whew

1 - 7 of 7 Posts