VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Once again i find myself clueless about something on my OWN CAR ('01 VW Jetta 1.8T W.E.)!!! I was wondering if a front mounted intercooler was possible for my car, does it fit? If so i would love to know a brand or website where i could find it? And/Or price, power gain, and any other info you might have......

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
There are many choices of FMIC for you car, if you look on the Vortex you will mind many arguments....um, I mean civil discussions ove the "best" one. I will go ahead, and be completely bias by saying ATP, because thats what I have.

As far as price, I believe it runs for under, or close to $900 (about par with the other companies). Now remember this will not add hp, it will only free up hp being robbed by heatsoak. It is a good investment, especially if you plan on going to a bigger turbo, and running high boost.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Evolution motorsports has one and looked amazing. www.evoms.com

Although i don't have one (yet), so be sure to talk to those who are really in the know and check out all your options. Another one that looks great is the APR; looks like they really did their homework on that one. There is also one from Greddy.

Oh, what do people think about an upgraded side intercooler like the forge unit? I am thinking of staying with the stock turbo, so will this be efficent enough to prevent heatsoak with just a chip and a few flow mods? Opinions greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
The EVO unit does look realy nice, I like the route the piping takes. From what I have read the Greddy unit is pretty well built also, there are so many options these days. An IC misting system is another good addition along with your FMIC as well, I jst got mine, it's supposed to really bring temps down...we'll see.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
The EVO unit does look realy nice, if I had to buy again it would be the one, I like the route the piping takes. From what I have read the Greddy unit is pretty well built also, there are so many options these days. An IC misting system is another good addition along with your FMIC as well, I jst got mine, it's supposed to really bring temps down...we'll see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts