VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering if anyone has ever come across a good diagram of a front suspension assembly for a mk3 jetta online. mostly the upper portion of the strut. i installed a new suspension kit last week and would like to see if i am missing any hardware from whoever had the car before me. any help is appreciated. Thanks Chris

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a 95 2.slow, and when i changed my suspension, if i remember correctly, theres not much involved. I think a 22mm socket will take off the bolt on the strut tower in the engine bay..take the wheel off, and detatch the brake line, then theres a big bolt holding the strut to the subframe? nothing 2 wrenches and a breaker bar cant fix. Then, it pulls right out.

A nut i needed stripped at some point changing my rear struts, but i was able to find it at home depot, so i dont think you have anything to worry about. The only parts involved that are important are the nuts that secure the strut, make sure the brake line is attached, and make sure the bumpstop (bushing) is in good shape.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
huge pic, I'm to lazy to shrink it, enjoy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts