VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Jetta GLS and I have a terrible problem with with my locks freezing. I was wondering if anyone knows a one time fixes all cure for this problem. Help me out here guys...Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Nothing to guarentee it but the most important thing it to keep it well lubricated. Get some de-icer spray that you can shoot inside the lock. Other than that suggestion it don't lock the doors when it gets this cold I didn't when I had my A2.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yeah, I'm having a similar problem -- my locks are frozen -- they eventually thaw but becasue I am afraid they'll freeze when I really need to get in my car, I don't lock the car.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
yea you can buy that de-icer spray at your local auto zone or something it really works

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by das boot:
I've got this little keychain device that's a battery heated copper stick that fits in the lock and melts the ice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it hardwired to your... ahh nevermind!
Are you serious?

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Is it hardwired to your... ahh nevermind!
Are you serious?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes SEE?
Of course right now mine is in my cup holder, so if my locks freeze i'm S.O.L.

[ January 16, 2004: Message edited by: das boot ]

·
Registered
32 Posts
The best thing i would say would be to buy de-icer.. its cheap and it really works. I am one of those people that automatically locks their doors when they got out..so I always have de-icer on me..its never left me stuck outside

1 - 10 of 10 Posts