VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am testing the waters and possibly looking to sell my MKIII as I plan on leasing a car in the near future. I have a 1998 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition with the 5 speed standard transmission. I am the 4th owner of the vehicle (the 3rd being a VW Mechanic), has a clean title and has not been involved in any accidents (Will provide VIN for serious inquiries) I will list everything that has been done or modified to the car toward the bottom of the post since there is a lot and I have receipts for just about everything since I purchased it. The car was undercoated by the last two owners and gets washed regularly by myself. I use public transportation during the winter so it never gets driven in the snow and all the maintenance is up to date. The car has approximately 140k miles however the odometer reads differently (188k) because it was swapped with a European odometer (Verified through Carfax). I recently traveled to South NJ and picked up a new transmission with only 89k miles it on since the reverse gear on the original transmission was starting to go. The transmission was professionally installed by a local shop along with a brand new EXEDY clutch installed as well. The transmission itself is still under warranty as is the installation. Pennzoil Synchromesh Fluid was recommended by performance shops throughout the tri-state area so that was used during the install. (Longer life & safer on the internals) THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO GRINDS OR SYNCHRO ISSUES. The motor was also professionally replaced by the previous owner which now has approximately 140k miles (only synthetic oil used). As mentioned before, I am simply looking to test the waters and will only sell for a reasonable price so please don't waste my time or yours. I will be open and honest for any questions you may have so please don't hesitate to ask. Call/Text/PM me @ 845-661-6721 Can send more pics upon request

Includes:
-Power Sunroof
-Power Locks
-Factory Alarm
-2 Sets of Keys

New:
-DFQ 5 Speed Transmission -89k miles (Paperwork Included for Tranny & Install)
-EXEDY Performance Clutch
-Pennzoil Synchromesh Transmission Fluid
-Timing Belt & Water Pump (less than 2k miles done by 3rd owner)
-Ignition Coil (installed last summer)
-Crankshaft sensor (installed last summer)
-Plugs & Wires (installed last summer)
-New Distributor
-New VR6 Front Lip
-New European Odometer

Miscellaneous:
-GT seats
-European Smoked Tail Lights
-Pioneer CD deck (6 cd changer not hooked up)
-New bulbs installed all around

-motor mounts replaced march 2010
-repainted in june 2010
-full synthetic oil every 4-5 months
-new windshield installed august 2010
-bilstein touring class shocks and struts october 2010
-Eibach sportline springs October 2010
-2.5 borla cat back exhaust with resonator delete October 2010
-new oil pan and gasket April 2011
-new power steering lines June 2011
-new drilled/slotted rotors November 2011
-new rear calipers November 2011
-bfi control arms w/ r32 bushings November 2011
-2.5 42dd highflow cat w/ 42dd o2 sensor spacer july 2011

-20mm spacers for the rear wheels
-borbet rover wheels with oem mg center caps w/ low profile tires
-injen short ram intake
-front and rear strut bar
-rear vento euro plate tub painted car color

I'm sure there is a lot more I'm missing but I will update the post as it comes up along with anything that is done afterwards. The car does need some body work on but nothing major and will be addressed once it gets warmer out. Thanks for looking!

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 1 of 1 Posts