VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AWESOME 50+ MPG Turbo Diesel GTI
This GTI has had the original gas engine replaced with a 1991 Jetta Turbo Diesel Engine. The entire engine, electrical harness, and transmission that go with the Diesel were swapped at the same time. This is a great car for fuel economy, and a daily driver. It has Single Round Cross Hair Headlights. This car does awesome in town and on the freeway, and will get 35-55mpg. The car does need some minor things to be perfect, but I don't have the time to deal with any of the little things. So this is your chance to get a great car that should go another 100K or 200K miles. Currently has 154K on the engine

Is this car perfect? No, absolutely not... but it is a Turbo Diesel GTI which is extremely rare, because they were never produced from the factory. The only way your getting a car like this is if you put the time and energy into doing a full diesel swap from another Golf or Jetta... Does it need anything major mechanically or cosmetic repairs? Nope... You can buy this beauty and drive it home. I drive it to work several days a week (40 miles roundtrip), and it does great. I've taken it on longer road trips and never had any problems. I am moving so decided to sell it...and we're thinking we'll upgrade to a newer TDI in the near future:)

The Good:
Will come with a set of stock VW Wheels with snow tires, and custom wheels with road tires
Single Round Cross Hair Headlights & custom grill/spoiler
Custom air intake
40-50+ MPG
Diesel Engine will last forever
Rare Silver GTI Body
Complete swap done by a vw enthusiast, with love and care... (not done in some shop who is only out for the $$)
Recaro Interior
Clear Title
Runs forever on a tank of gas (well not forever, but for a very long time... LOL!)
No A/C (means one less thing to fix or repair)
No power options (means even less possible repairs)

The Bad:
Will Need New Windshield (Current windshield is cracked, does not leak or anything, just has a nice long crack in it)
Hood needs to be painted Silver - Currently black
Couple of rips in the fabric of the drivers side seat and passenger foam on the side of the passenger seat got chewed up by my dog when she was a puppy...
Fan for heat etc only works on one setting, probably needs new switch ($5.00 at any wrecking yard Im sure)
Small dent in the rear under the bumper
Small Ding on front near headlight
No A/C or power options... I know its not very luxurious rolling around all the time with the windows down so you can get cool, but at least you can enjoy the beautiful sunshine while your doing it.
Vin# 1VWDB0171FV081770
Title is clear, and in hand for a quick cash sale... No checks or loans will be accepted so please don't ask.

$2900 FIRM

Message me your email for pictures

1 - 3 of 3 Posts