VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a VW 2002 Jetta Wagon 1.8T. I was backing out of the driveway today and the engine died and I smelled gas. I opened the hood and I noticed that one of the fuel lines was disconnected from the plastic box/cover at the top left hand corner (relative to standing at the front of the car). I looked at the connection and it looked a little like a male connector and so I pushed it into the plastic/box cover female recepticle and heard it click. I cannot pull it out now (which I think is good).

I tried to start the car and it seems to run fine now. My question is (1) Is this a common occurrence? and (2) I recently had some work done on the car (CAM sensor) replaced and was thinking that maybe this connector wasn't properly reconnected and this is why the connector "popped" off?

Any suggestions/answer would be helpful.

- CH

·
Registered
828 Posts
Hi,

I have a VW 2002 Jetta Wagon 1.8T. I was backing out of the driveway today and the engine died and I smelled gas. I opened the hood and I noticed that one of the fuel lines was disconnected from the plastic box/cover at the top left hand corner (relative to standing at the front of the car). I looked at the connection and it looked a little like a male connector and so I pushed it into the plastic/box cover female recepticle and heard it click. I cannot pull it out now (which I think is good).

I tried to start the car and it seems to run fine now. My question is (1) Is this a common occurrence? and (2) I recently had some work done on the car (CAM sensor) replaced and was thinking that maybe this connector wasn't properly reconnected and this is why the connector "popped" off?

Any suggestions/answer would be helpful.

- CH
Sounds like the shop forgot to plug it in all the way. If it clicked in you should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts