VW Forum banner

Fuel Pump no power to fuse 28

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Plankster 
#1 ·
o before you start bashing, I've spent 2 days searching everywhere for an answer. 99 mk4 jetta 2.0. One day my car would start back up. After a while of trying, it turned over and I drove for about 3 miles before it died agaib. Towed it home, replaced fuel pump and relay. No luck. Got a Bluetooth obd2 scanner, used to to clear codes and it started right up. Next day same thing happens, I plug in sensor, try to clear codes but its telling me ecu might throw up codes that aren't real and that it can't clear the codes. No idea what that means. So I dig through everything and turns out there is power at fuel pump plug, there is no power at fuse 28. There is power at the relay and at the fuse thats on the battery. I have no idea whats going on. Please help

#3 ·
Get some trusty wiring diagrams and figure out where power and ground is and start going to town. There might be some damaged wires. Also those diagrams will be able to tell u if maybe something else takes part in the powering of the system. Electrical is by far the most annoying thing with cars. I hope I understood ur problem and helped. Let me know and good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.