VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i have a 2000 jetta tdi and i got a lot done to it recently to get it up to par but i noticed that after 10 minutes of idling or so it starts sounding like it needs gas and the engines bounce from 4 to 9000 rpm and when im below 2000 rpm the pick up of the engine is shaky i have an inkling that its the check valves what do you guys think?

·
Registered
322 Posts
What all did you have done to it? How old is the fuel filter? Have you checked timing and injection quantity?

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
^^^ this.

check timing / injection quantity.
change fuel filter
service fuel pump
check voltage and injectors individually as well.. this can also be caused by a single bad injector or a faulty injectory that malfunctions (hit or miss if you will)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the tranny flushed, fuel filter changed, and vaccum lines changed and gas pedal got replaced.

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
just a guess it sounds like the throttle body needs calibration as it sounds like it is hunting for an idle. if it idles fine for the first 10 minutes i think it wouldn't be a timing issue. fuel delivery would certainly make the usual suspects list. air would to even a vacuum leak can cause this. again my best guess

·
Registered
517 Posts
just a guess it sounds like the throttle body needs calibration as it sounds like it is hunting for an idle. if it idles fine for the first 10 minutes i think it wouldn't be a timing issue. fuel delivery would certainly make the usual suspects list. air would to even a vacuum leak can cause this. again my best guess
Vacuum leak on a diesel? I'm not sure that's possible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts