VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Whatever you do... don't try to start a fire under your car... I saw an artical about a man trying to do that. Needless to say he blew up his car.

The onlything I can think of, is if you have defroster. To try and use that.

[ January 15, 2004: Message edited by: OneManLan ]

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
you try wiggling the steering wheel?

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
you try wiggling the steering wheel?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya try that b/c it sometimes happens to me. if it doesn't turn then turn the steering wheel back and forth while trying to start it. it'll eventually work.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OneManLan:
...The onlything I can think of, is if you have defroster. To try and use that.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doesn't the car have to be on for the defroster to function?

Its kinda like saying turn the light on if you want to see in the dark during a power outtage.

Or am I a little confused?

Only thing i can suggest is using a heat gun or blow dryer and an extension cord if the jiggling the steering wheel doesnt work.

I hope you have a nice supply of long johns.

[ January 15, 2004: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Registered
499 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
Doesn't the car have to be on for the defroster to function?

Its kinda like saying turn the light on if you want to see in the dark during a power outtage.

Or am I a little confused?

Only thing i can suggest is using a heat gun or blow dryer and an extension cord if the jiggling the steering wheel doesnt work.

I hope you have a nice supply of long johns.

[ January 15, 2004: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think he means lock de-icer

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TailpipeSmokeshow:
I think he means lock de-icer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah ok, that makes sense.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
you try wiggling the steering wheel?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be willing to bet that would be the answer. I remember the first time that happened to me I freaked out, then realized what it was and was very releived.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts