VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
K line is cut from stereo harness. Metered pins 4 and 7 on the dlc port. And the damn thing is readin 10.4v. Keys not even in the ignition turn it to on and coltage stays the same. Any one got any idea of where to go from here. Im complete lost and fustrated and like to be able to acan my car.

The digital clock and odo on the cluster go blank from time to time. Could there be a short in the cluster that has finally caused the scanner to not connect. Tested the scanner on an 02 golf gls and it worked perfect.

·
Premium Member
6,954 Posts
The K wire goes through the stereo harness to allow "theft" feature of the IMMO to work I believe. this is all connected to the cluster and other components of the car. Reinstall it where it goes in the harness and you should be fine.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an aftermarket stereo. I cut the kline from the black plug as it said to do. Even though the after market stereo harness does not have the pin for the kline to prevent the aftermarket radio kline issue thats describes on ross techs site. Ive use 2 different scanners inthe passed with the aftermarket hu with no problems. Im sarting to beleive either this scanner just doesnt like my car or the problem is in the cluster. My ciggerette lighter is cut out. Would that have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the page i got the infomation to about the radio kline and metering pins 4 and 7 on the dlc port. This page tells u to remove the pin or cut the kline from the oem stereo harness which is pin 3 i beleive it says. I did this but it does not matter the adaper harness doesnt have that pin so it cant get shorted by the aftermarker radio which is what causes this issue in the first place. Considering i said i used two different scanners in the past with this radio installed with no issue and evenentioned ross techs site. Its not caused by the radio. No offense your reply in linking me the site i state ive read and has alrdy up on my pc when making the post makes me feel like u didnt even read my post. Sigh

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
This is exactly why I always link the enfig.com site about aftermarket stereos. Never cut any of the oem harness. Sounds like you cut the line with the battery connected and shorted something out.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually i had the problem before i cut the line. According to ross tech it says to remove the pin or cut the line amd the battery was disconnected when i did it. I dont think it has anything to do with the stereo its shortig somewhere else. My cluster clock and odo keeps going blank occansionly soni think the cluster might be the issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts