VW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm new to Volkswagen and, new to cars as well. I don't know much but I know my engine is not supposed to sound like this. I don't think it's knocking, but it could be. I'd love any advice on what to do I can't get it to the mechanic until this afternoon I actually have to go to work now.. The oil is good it's good, there's a new EGR valve and new 02 sensor. The man who sold it to me was a crooked man who lied but that's in the past and now I'm just trying to make this vehicle last as long as possible. I am fairly certain the squeaking is some kind of belt, right? But the knocking/tapping dound is most concerning to me.Video of engine

·
Registered
2 Posts
If your Volkswagen is making funky engine noises, it could be due to a few different things. Here are a few common causes and solutions:

1. If your car is low on oil, that can cause all sorts of noises. The best solution is to simply add more oil.

2. A loose or damaged fan belt can also create funky engine noise. This one is easy enough to check yourself - just pop the hood and take a look. If the belt looks damaged or excessively loose, it will need to be replaced.

3. Dirty or old spark plugs can also cause your engine to make weird noises. The fix for this one is also pretty simple - just clean or replace your spark plugs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts