VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody seen the new eurotuner. deans futrell's mkI with the 99 passat 1.8t. i think this car is real smootjust thought id mention that.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
any pictures of it? i was just out in Oregon and saw some decent mk1's and mk2's out there.
jon

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ive seen it. That car = Sex

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Seen it in person several times. Really clean resto... but not really that cool of a car. The motor is pretty stock, and Dean isn't exactly one to do all the work himself (he has an interior shop do the inside and a body shop do the outside, then he puts it togheter).

He talks about it as if it's the only "true oldschool" car out there, but forgets that the motor is from a new Passat and the wheels are from a '92 passat.

I lost all respect for him when I found out he charged a friend of a friend $13,000 to put a 1.8t into her '91 GTI and did a hackjob on it. Half of it doesn't work now, and she could have had a whole MK4 GTI for that price.

Either way, the above car will be for sale on Ebay Motors later this month.

·
Registered
103 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
Seen it in person several times. Really clean resto... but not really that cool of a car. The motor is pretty stock, and Dean isn't exactly one to do all the work himself (he has an interior shop do the inside and a body shop do the outside, then he puts it togheter).

He talks about it as if it's the only "true oldschool" car out there, but forgets that the motor is from a new Passat and the wheels are from a '92 passat.

I lost all respect for him when I found out he charged a friend of a friend $13,000 to put a 1.8t into her '91 GTI and did a hackjob on it. Half of it doesn't work now, and she could have had a whole MK4 GTI for that price.

Either way, the above car will be for sale on Ebay Motors later this month.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You know a way to make any person look bad dont you? Its all good though. I'd wrather know someone for who they are than what they appear to be. *respect drops*

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OneManLan:

You know a way to make any person look bad dont you? Its all good though. I'd wrather know someone for who they are than what they appear to be. *respect drops*
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh?

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OneManLan:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

People will sometimes have opinions that differ to yours. Aaron is simply sharing his experience with the owner and the car. It really isn't crucial that you respect fellow vwf members but thats just life isnt it?

Aaron, from what i read here, is just the type of guy that will only give you props when you do all your own work. Do I agree with that? I doesnt matter what I think. Its just the way it is. I'm just a stupid mk4 owner, what do I know?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts

Thank you psyc. How much do I owe you?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We don't need people like you around here if your going to talk like that. That is what vortex is for Ass! Raf and Aaron are very very well respected on here, why must talk like that? Raf simply tried to explain where Aaron was comming from in a totally respectful way.

Don't post if you are just going to be an asshole.

I would hope Dave bans people that have nothing postive or infomative to say so we can keep this community like it currently is and not have this turn into the Tex`

[ March 04, 2004: Message edited by: 98a4 ]

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Out-sourcing work is actually a great idea on Dean's part. I'm not dogging on him for his outsourcing. I HATE body work, and I don't know the first thing about interiors. Dean did the swap, Dean put it together, Dean did a lot of work and the car came out awesome.

Where I'm down on Dean is this:
I know someone who paid Dean $13,500 JUST TO PUT A MOTOR IN HER CAR. It doesn't run right, parts of it are held together with zip ties, the speedo doesn't work, etc. He has fixed a couple problems, but on some he's told her "if you want it fixed go here, buy this, do it yourself".

Call him for a price quote sometime... and be prepared to shit yourself. How about $7500 LABOR for a VR6 swap? Dean told another friend of mine that if he drove his perfect VR6 Corrado down, and his '86 GTI it would be $7500 to switch the motor from the Rado into the GTI... and the Corrado would have to leave on a flatbed in pieces.

And I give props for your own work, but a lot of people have better things to do than work on cars, and respect that too.

Thank you Raf, and thank you Dakoda. Must respect... and love... and kisses. Wait, scratch the kisses.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Its cool Dakota. No need to stick up for me with kids like this. This thread is getting way off topic.

And OneManLan, I'm glad your daddy and mommy aren't letting you get a dub. And thats free of charge.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Most of us are here to help each other and have friendly conversations. Inciting arguements isn't going to get you anywhere dude. If you want to do that, take it to VWVortex.com where you can do it all day long with a bunch of people just like you. Aaron was sharing information that most users here would find useful, as from the info I just read...this guy charges way too much for what he does. Honestly...thats being a consumer watchdog, and last time I checked most of us here are consumers. We buy stuff. He didn't want to see any VWF members get hosed, when you can get better quality work done somewhere else, for less money.

With that said, may I suggest that you try and get along here, or find somewhere else to do what you do. You may or may not have noticed, but RafCarre12 is a VWF moderator...messing with him isn't a great idea. But even so, messing with Aaron in the first place wasn't a good idea either.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I can't say I know the guy, though I can certainly respect Aaron's experiences and thoughts on the guy (especially if they are true). Nonetheless, it's a clean looking MK1. If in fact he was going for an original MK1 retro rebuild, it's a shame he doesn't have the original motor in it.

And those price quotes! Who's he, the Jesse James of Dubs or something?

[ March 04, 2004: Message edited by: TruBluJettaMK2 ]

·
Registered
60 Posts
$14k for a 1.8t swap isn't entirely unheard of. Shawn VanNeer used to charge that kind of money. I'm not sure what he charges now though. I agree with everyone, Deans car is nice, but there are parts of that car that just don't make sense. It just seems like it's still an unfinished project.

·
Registered
103 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
We don't need people like you around here if your going to talk like that. That is what vortex is for Ass! Raf and Aaron are very very well respected on here, why must talk like that? Raf simply tried to explain where Aaron was comming from in a totally respectful way.

Don't post if you are just going to be an asshole.

I would hope Dave bans people that have nothing postive or infomative to say so we can keep this community like it currently is and not have this turn into the Tex`

[ March 04, 2004: Message edited by: 98a4 ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like he said, I'm sure he doesn't need you to stick for him. But thats off the subject. Ther reason I'm posting this is because that was a pretty bad day on my part. -_- We all have them. Just ignore it. I would have deleted it if I could, but thats only a mod option. Forgive me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts