VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through my latest issue of Europeancar and there was an ad for the G-tec Pro Competition Meter and was wondering how accurate these things really are.

For those that don't know what it is, it's a meter that you plug into your Cig Lighter and it measures how much g-force, Hp, Tq, what your 0-60mph and qt mile time is. Has anyone used these before?? Here's the link for there products. G-TECH
thanks
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
that things bad a$$!! i want one! if they work and all. anyone??

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think the guys over at EuroTuner use one similar, but not fancy looking. They did a piece on Budget Bora Buildup on the website, and they have vids on how to install new rotors and pads on a Bora(really a Jetta, but whatever.) In the vid it looks like they use something similar that they just plug into the cigarette lighter and when they drove to about 60mph the thing just made the car hit the brakes to test the pads. I'm not sure if they applied anything else under the hood, but I really doubt they did. If you want to check out the vid to see the one that they used the link is here. There are actually two videos, but it doesnt hurt to watch them both.

Synthogen

1 - 3 of 3 Posts