VW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of u guys have Gauges in ur cars?
First of all I think that those look really cool in a car but I have one question is which ones need to be placed
I have the 1.8T.... any help would be apreciated
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I'll be getting the boost gauge this spring or summer. i'm thinking about doing the HUD's guage though.
jon

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
jon. is that the one that goes in place of the Headlight switch?? you are getting the E-code switch in the GB, right? just wondering. I really like the blue glow ones that djvibe posted. if I had any reason to put gauges in, I would def get those.. very nice..

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I know the one your talking about brian. that not it. Mine will be a Heads Up Disply. It'll be on your windsheild. Give me a min and i'll try and find the pic for you.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
that ones sweet jon! love it. i really like the one db posted too, never seen that one. i know HKS makes a sweet one that are the same colors as our gauges too. looks sweeet but if i got one, id probly get the autometer dave showed or the white face autometer.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys this really gave me some ideas I was thinking of putting a boost gauge and some other guage I have no clue which other one would be important.
I was thinking of putting it by the door how do u call that by the windshield anyway u get the idea but we have an air bag right there would that be a problem? and how much do u guys think the instalation for that would be?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yo man, i say do boost, and air fuel, those are the 2 im doin when i get my s/c. boost ofcourse but the air fuel is just plain awesome. it like dances and shit while your drivin, and the chicks dig it haha

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Silverstone, I think you are talking about pillar mounted guages. In the new GTI's the airbag is in the "A" pillar (the one beside the windshield). If you were to mount a guage there and then get in an accident, your guage would then become a 200+ MPH fastball aimed at someone inside your car. Mount your guages in the dash or ive also seen them mounted along the top of the windshield.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
You are right and wrong fli. It depends on what gauge you get. If you get the $40 plastic one the it MAY fly off. There is also a more expensive gauge that replaces the whole piller with factory match carpet. I have also seen pictures of where the gauge (even the plastic one) would be and where the airbag is. The airbag will touch the gauge.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yo rollinvdub, yes i agree. if you get it before me, we need to talk also.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey Dubwink; I finally found out what I like about your car that's different! Thought it was the eyelids for a while, but it's not. What front spoiler do you have? w/ the foglight inside it? Looks awesome. I'd PM you but someone else might be interested in knowing...do you have any other pics?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts