VW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK peoples this is the offical Group Buy thread for the H&R A4 1.8T/VR6/TDI Sport Springs. If you are truly interested, reply to this thread. If you are not do bother to reply or post something not related here. I need to keep this thread clean as possible.

Special thanks to V33dub_GTI for starting this discussion.

Price: $170, + shipping
Supplier: Creative Car-Tunes
Goal: 10

1. db
2. GTI2001
3. V33dub_GTI

[ January 18, 2003: Message edited by: db ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Put me down for a set. Now are these the one's that drop your car 1.5" ?? Is there anything else that we should look at buying? Like sway bar or shocks? Or can we put the springs on and put the sway and shocks on later.
Jon

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
Put me down for a set. Now are these the one's that drop your car 1.5" ?? Is there anything else that we should look at buying? Like sway bar or shocks? Or can we put the springs on and put the sway and shocks on later.
Jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jon this will drop you ride 1.78", you should replace your shocks right away as well. You can put the shocks on later but it's just double labor. The sway bar I will add later, no need for that right off the bat.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll be getting the springs now but will get the shocks at a later date (before Import Wars).
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i dotn wanna put down creative car tunes but the potermans sell them for 169.99 shipping extra. even though its only 5 bucks, i thought id let you know. not to be an ass, but to let you know. they droped my car about 1.5 and i dont have shocks and i still love them, looks awesome and rides great. Tire rack said my shocks are good till 60k and ive talked to so many people with stock shocks and they still love them and have had ZERO problems adn one guy had them on for like 30k. but when you do a sway bar, IM IN! btw, i like this trend i started with H&R's

rich

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I might be in. I am looking at a set of RPI sport springs (125+shipping). I will let know if I will be in or not. thanks.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Dubwink, you read my mind. This isn't really a great price. I was hoping for a pretty good discount, at this rate, im not gonna stress the checkbook for the GB, sorry guys.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i really dont know alot about lowering a car so i have a few questions. Do i have to change my shocks b/c i have 13k right now. plus will the driving be more rough or will the comfort stay the same. sorry for the dumb questions just wanted to know. tx

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VWemirGOLF:
i really dont know alot about lowering a car so i have a few questions. Do i have to change my shocks b/c i have 13k right now. plus will the driving be more rough or will the comfort stay the same. sorry for the dumb questions just wanted to know. tx
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> I dont think you HAVE to change your shocks at the same time, but to save install money, I had them put on at the same time. the drive will be rougher, but I like the feel. If you have a chance, take a drive with a friend or someone with sport suspension, see if you like it. hope this helps.
--
db, I dont know if I can afford the springs right now. I will see how long it takes to get 10 people(hopefully for me a month or so), and I will let you know. I hope that makes sense.

[ January 18, 2003: Message edited by: silverGTI ]

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wanted to follow up with everyone to find out if anybody else wants to get in on this? I would like to close out the GB within 2 weeks. Again if interested read the first post then reply. As always and questions/suggestions let me know.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I cant afford them right now. I have to wait a few more months, and then get them somewhere else probably-sorry I couldn't help out guys, I know you all want your springs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts