VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, it is a new year, it is time for me to get serious and cut weight for my pool lounge time this upcomming summer. Although I hit the gym throughout the year, I feel like i have been not getting the results I am looking for due to sporadic attendance and my own poor eating habits.

Due to this feeling of lack of structure i have set up a more regimented lifting/cardio program for myself and will be hitting it 5 days a week MIN. I also have set myself on a DIET that includes no more than 2000 calories a day.

Tonight was a little tough as i was pretty sore from the last week, but it felt good to hit 30 min on the treadmill again and still be able to do arms in the same night. I have hit the gym 3 days in a row....we call that a trend folks :) hopefully I can keep it up.

Anyone else a "Resolutionary"? Any plans for bulking up or slimming down this winter?

I know this is not VW related, but i figured why not... :)

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
drink water and run or get a bicycle machine. a buddy of mine was really over wieght(he ruined the bolsters in my scirocco). he went to walmart and bought a cheap bicycle machine and some wieghts and just used it and drank water. he lost over 30lbs in a month. cut out drinking pop....beer. eat 100% whole wheat bread. i have the opposite problem. i have trouble gaining and maintaining a weight. ill gain and loose 10lbs in a week easily. my job doesnt help and playing hockey 3-4 times a week is also rough.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I would like to lose a little weight and bulk up a tad. I just really need to fix my eating and drinking habits. I also plan I'm getting a bike this spring and cycling all summer.

·
Knows nothing about VWs
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, Soda (not pop...) is cut out all together, Cofee and water are my two beverages of choice.

Choosing a plain chicken sandwich instead of a Chesseburger, watching calories to a point, and hitting the gym more regularly are all part of my plans. So far so good, will update weekly or so i suppose.

Current Wieght 211.8

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
got a wii? my wife has wii fit and some other fitness game. its actually pretty fun. she used it a few months before our wedding to "tone" up...it worked very nice. now it collects dust. lol.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
thats like zumba..

ROFL.

na.. no plans to bulk up.
im 6'4 230 lbs.. im happy with my height / weight / build. would love to be able to step back on the ice though for hockey.. i miss that shit.. stupid 7 concussions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts