VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey is GHL 3' cat-back a lil to big? for my 1.8t? because i found someone selling it used for $250 on vortex...and i am thinking of getting it since its a great price.!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
You wont have any performance gain over a 2.5" system. If you plan on a big turbo down the road it will be fine, even if you are keeping your stock turbo you are fine altho you might loose some low end torque. It's a LouD system tho!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI 1.8T:
hey is GHL 3' cat-back a lil to big? for my 1.8t? because i found someone selling it used for $250 on vortex...and i am thinking of getting it since its a great price.!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is an excellent exhaust, and I would sell my current setup in a heartbeat to get intoa 3" GHL system. It will be a bit loud, however you will see a bit more boost than a 2.5" system, and if youever plan on going w/ a larger turbo you will see decent gains over a 2.5". A 3" exhaust will provide more top end power, where you really want it w/ a K03, it does not lose bottom end, it simply will shift the powerband up a few hundred RPM's.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jweltydotcom:
For $250 thats a sweet deal!! Buy it NOW<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

can't
found out it was for a jetta only!

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I've got the Forced Motion 3" on my GTI, and it's really not as loud as everyone thinks, it's got a nice sound. Believe me that you will feel a difference between a 2.5" cat-back, and full 3" system. Even more so when I was rocking the K04, but I will agree that it will benefit a large turbo much better, and more effectivly.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 7 of 7 Posts