VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have GIAC with the 5 settings. The IBE remote. I love it. Once installed you can change it whenever. Specially when you valet your car or take it back to dealer.

I have loved it when you can take it to valet and the guys hate it case they cant drive above 30 mph.

I have the Race gas and 91/93 setting and kill mode where you can put it one if you are parking long term.

I have never had any problem with it so far.

Think about it but you have to see which dealer is near to you. I would drive in personally and get it chipped. Please dont mail your stuff, these chips are very ems sensitive.

Enjoy the chip and welcome to the world of chip mode. remember it is night and day difference.

happy chipping

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI152:
I Please dont mail your stuff, these chips are very ems sensitive.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was thinking about buying a chip from a guy from texas, and having the giac chip installed at the nearest giac dealer. would you not do this because its being shipped from TX to PA? And are about how much extra are the options? I don't know if those extra options at all? what are all of the options?
thanks

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
If he ships it in a static proof bag and packs it well it will be fine Brian. One static electric shock to the chip will ruin it, this is why all computer parts are shipped in static proof bags.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Brian, I would only buy a chip from a guy who is reputable and will refund your money if it doesn't work. Short of that, I would go and have a local dealer do it, and find the extra cash to buy new. Or swap the entire ECU if he is selling that instead, and have a spare stocker just in case something bad happens.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
Brian, I would only buy a chip from a guy who is reputable and will refund your money if it doesn't work. Short of that, I would go and have a local dealer do it, and find the extra cash to buy new. Or swap the entire ECU if he is selling that instead, and have a spare stocker just in case something bad happens.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Carson,
This guy is very reputable on the tex. He is a GIAC dealer in san antonio, TX. This will be a new GIAC chip with whatever software I want. Are there any options I should get or not get? thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts