VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oaky, as many of you know the 95 jetta III'
s dont have glove compartments if u have airbags, however i've seen a kit somewhere online that lets u put a glove compartment in replacement of the panel underneath the airbag, anybody know what i'm talking about and where i can get one???

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
I'd just remove the passenger side airbag and replace it with an early mk3 glovebox.

The later style dropdown box is kinda small, and hits the passengers legs.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
I'd just remove the passenger side airbag and replace it with an early mk3 glovebox.

The later style dropdown box is kinda small, and hits the passengers legs.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is what my friend did with his '96 Jetta, worked like a charm!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
my 96 jetta had knee bosters instead of the glove box. here is a link I found on finding the glovebox "add-on."

LINK

hope this helps. I have seen the add on glove box before. cant seem to find in on google...

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
when i originally bout my jetta wrecked, the airbag was deployed and a i replaced it with the earlier glove box. it works great, im sure u could def find one in a junk yard.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I've got a pass. side airbag and a glove box in my MKIII golf. It's basically a lid that drops down and holds a little bit of stuff like a manual and some junk. Check junkyards and what not. It's prob. in all MKIII golf and jettas from 96 on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
ive got 2 glove boxes, the top i got from a gti for the airbag, and the bottom out of a 97 jetta i think. i had to do a small amount of cutting for the bottom one. its were normal glove baxes are blah. like everyone says look in junk yards i did

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i'm gonna go there tomorrow thanks guys

yeah, we got THIRTY INCHES OF SNOW THIS PAST WEEKEND!!! IMAGINE JUNKYARDING IN THAT LOL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts