VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, nobody answered my question about proper forum part to ask this question (i asked in hello thread) so i will try here. I hope it's proper category - if not - maybe it is possible to move my post to better place.

Anyway, i want to ask about a car new car for typical woman.
As i wrote in my hello post, i have no idea about mechanics and stuff, car is a tool for me(i'm sure you won't like that), it has to work well for me, and be reliable. Now i have a 11y old Golf and it's getting a bit too old, so i want to buy new one (used, but younger). My brother will get old one as a gift.

I enjoy my VW very much.
I want to ask members abour opinion about this 2010 golf.
It looks beautiful, and vw close dealer has a used one. Is it as good or more as the previous golfs? Equipment is nice, and cost is quite good.

I hope to get some advices from you. Maybe some other car would you recommend (that's why i write in "other auto general discussion)? Maybe a little bit older Jetta?

Thank you for every reply. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Golf and the Jetta are mechanically identical. The are the same platform with the same motors etc. Their differences are hatch back versus trunk and style packages.

They are an excellent car if you keep up with them and treat them right. -but like any German car, if you turn you back on maintanence and upkeep -they will nickle and dime you to death.

I prefer the 2 door Golf GTI because I like hatchbacks for snowboards, kyaks, boxes, dead bodies etc and the performance motor and option package. The GTI version's handle is stiffer and more nimble -but for daily driving the regular golf's suspension is more comfortable.

Alot of people feel a hatchback is a bit unprofessional and immature for a business person -so if your driving clients around or have a complex about being grown up -a Jetta is probably a better option -It feels like more of an adult car.

I prefer to be young and foolish..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts