VW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hay guys i just need some advice.
well i'm getting my dent fixed very soon and i will also be getting my front and rear valences painted. i really want a wing so i decided that i will buy one but i just need your opinion on which one. the 337 wing is out of the question because that is toooooo small. i was looking at the freedom design spoiler but i just wanna hear what you guys recommend.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i saw urs but i never knew that vw offered that wing. i just thought they offered the 337 wing.
how much does the oem cost as compared to the aftermarket?(if u don't mind me asking)

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i like the stock vw one or the freedom design one. they look nice.

·
Registered
380 Posts
i have the freedom design one i like it and the VW OEM one looks kick ass too. Just dont get one of those HONDA WINGS that go onto the roof. Believe it or not i've seen golfs with those.
here's mine:

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Yea, i also have the freedom design one and love it. Like Rollin said, don't get a huge metal wing. i too have seen them and they look UGLY!!!

jon

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought my car used and it had the VW wing already on it. I really like it. Makes it stand out from other GTI's and adds to its sporty character. I think I may have seen one other VW in the year that I've had my car with a wing.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dubwink:
i like the stock vw one or the freedom design one. they look nice.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hahahaah u guys actually think i'll turn my vw into a honda type car with a metal wing on the roof! i've seen civics with those stupid wings and there a joke. the cars i've seen with those wings can't even reach 100 km/h(60 mph) without maxing out!

i know the difference between a honda(rice) and a vw(power and class). my only 2 choices for wings are the freedom design and the oem upper hatch wing.

but thanks anyways guys for the advice

riced out civics with metal wings

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
well there's always the wings west one

There are others out there. It just seems that for the people on here, those are the most popular. You might wanna look on vwparts.com or performance cafe, you'll be able to find more there.
jon

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

this has to be the biggest disgrace to any gti owner ever!!! who would put this crap on their car?!?! the body kit is just as bad!

thanks for the sites i'll check them out.

[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: 1point8T ]

·
Registered
71 Posts
What the [email protected]#$ was that? I have a good share of mods on my car and i dont even have any sticker on with the exception of the old GTI logo. I removed all the GTI and 1.8T out.
Now let talk about wings. i have factory wings on mine. They are clean and simple but i personally think they look great. I have already bought the 337 front valence and 4 motion rear valence. I cant wait got it to get painted. So check Out your VW dealer for your spoiler. i think you can get them cheaper their if you are interested in the look of it.
nav

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't your gti come with the golf 4 motion rear valence or something similar to that. on my gti i have something that looks similar to it with the exhaust tip cut out.

i'm a little confused can someone correct me on this.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
To answer your question, i belive in later 2002 models, they started to have the 4-motion rear variance. I have a 3001.5 GTI and it did not come with the cut out. HTH.
jon

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
WOW jon!!! you have the 3001.5 GTI!!!!??? hehe, I know what you ment.
--1point8T, jon is correct. the 99.5-2002 DONT have the cut out. as for the newer models (2003+) have the cutout for the exhaust. I got the 4 motion rear valence for mine (2000), so my exhaust looks sexy in the cutout.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i am loving the 2 spoilers in discusion right now. they give me good ideas for my bro. also, what the hell was that pic? look at the logo! how very rice! oh man.

owner______me
of that
car

[ April 03, 2003: Message edited by: TimmayGTi ]

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Strait off the pages of wings worst(west). those guys have so little clue, its in the negatives.

·
Registered
52 Posts
OMG, what the hell did that person do to his car!!!!?????

He must have been HONDA influenced...
What a waste of money...I could have spent that kind of money on a new Prada bag, some GUCCI shoes, etc...

[ April 07, 2003: Message edited by: mytdi ]

·
Registered
273 Posts
whoa what a great gti. the logo just makes it all come together.
seriously, tho it has some nice rims (if only the owner stopped there...)

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i wanna be sick everytime i see that pic... im glad the day hasn't come yet that i actually see that kit on a car in person.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts