VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rich (dubwink) and i were talking and we were thinking about having a get together this winter. The idea is that we all meet at a ski place (most likley in PA). We were thinking about sometime in January. How many people would be interested?? And snowboarders are welcomed too

jon

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
db, that's exactly where i was thinking!! I was thinking date wise either, January 11-12 or 25-26th (either day in the weekend). Either of those weekends will work for me. How about everyone else?? I know there's CamelBack, Big Boulder (haven't been to these two but have heard that they are not great). How far away is Shawnee?? I use to live right by there (when i was little) and skied there all the time.
jon

[ December 10, 2002: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gathered up some info for Blue Mountain!

Here are the rates for weekends:

Saturday, Sunday, & Holidays*
Lift Hours 7:30am - 10pm

Ticket Hours Adult Youth (7-15)

Morning 7:30am - 12:30pm $37 $27
Day 7:30am - 5pm $43 $27
Afternoon 12:30pm - 5pm $37 $27
Twilight 12:30pm - 10pm $43 $27
Night 4pm - 10pm $28 $27
Sun Night
Discount 4pm - 10pm $18 $18

Here are some of the package deals:
All Mountain Ski or Snowboard Packages - any day

Includes:
1. Ski or snowboard rental
2. All-mountain lift ticket
3. Class lesson

Day/Twilight ADULT YOUTH (7-15)
Ski $65 $55
Snowboard $75 $60

Here is the rental info:

Skis - Salomon Step-in Rental System
Time Adult Youth (15 & under)
Day/Twilight $24 $21
Night $19 $18

Snowboards

Major credit card or Driver's License required for ALL rentals - No Exceptions!

Time Adult Youth (15 & under)
Day/Twilight $30 $27
Night $23 $21

So far there is about 4 of us interested in going. Lets try and get a couple of more if we can (if we get 15+ people we can get discounts!!
)
jon

·
Registered
32 Posts
Its hard for me to get off and drive up there but if you can pick one of those weekends i will get some leave and ask off to come up. Just keep me posted. I have missed every event this year so far cuz of work i need to get to one.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good. That's why i'm trying to plan this in a month in advance so that people that need to get some time off can try and make it.
jon

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V33dub_GTI:
Heh, how bout somewhere in Colorado?!??!?!

I'd be able to make it to that one!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well how much further is it to PA for you then Colorado??? How about you just move on up here so you can join us in all these events coming up!!

jon

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
Well how much further is it to PA for you then Colorado??? How about you just move on up here so you can join us in all these events coming up!!

jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh. It's about 10 hours to Denver, Colorado. I'd say it's about 2-3 days to anywhere in PA. If any of you guys wanna give me room and board and a job, I'll move. I'm sure I could find some school up there to go to.

[ December 10, 2002: Message edited by: V33dub_GTI ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I say if you drove straigh to my house with only stops for Food, Gas, and Bathroom. you could make it in about 24 hours. Here's what mapquest said:

TO: Dover, DE

Total Distance: 1776.94 miles Total Estimated Time: 29 hours, 55 minutes

Saying that if you go above the speedlimit you could shave 4-5 hours off.
Well if you don't mind splitting rent, i'll give you a place to stay. there are plenty of schools around the DE, PA, NJ area.

jon

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
Hey Texan! You can sleep between me & the wife! Oh wait that's where the dog sleeps. Ok you can sleep in the dog bed.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTI2001:
Well if you don't mind splitting rent, i'll give you a place to stay. there are plenty of schools around the DE, PA, NJ area.

jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What about a job?!?!

Or, I could wait till something happens in this general area (and when you say general area in Texas, that means within a 400 mile radious) and get all 3 people on the forum that I know of from this area to go!!!!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
gti2001- "GOT A IDEA!!" WHAA?! whos idea was this. lol just kiddin. anyway. blue mt. is great! love taht place and is closest to me and thats what i was thinkin. so yeah. this is gona be fun and its nice and close to db!. anyone comin from the south can meet up with me if they want.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
dubwink-I will be coming from the south (sortof). I don't know if it would be out of your way to meet up somewhere, and drive down together? Let me know. I'm in the Harrisburg/Mechanicsburg area.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I'll be coming from the south. I'll be taking 95 to 476, then i'll be getting off of 476 to what ever road you get onto. Maybe the three of us could meet up at the rest stop. what what is everyone coming from??
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
arange a place to meet and ill be there! as long as its not south of me.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I don't ski or snowboard but it sounds like fun!But I do go snowmobiling.I will be away first week in jan.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts