VW Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
If i sell it i won't be getting another dub that's for sure..

If I sell it, I will in the fall.. since I wont be able to drive from july-october.. just will save my money and get rid of it come the fall.. not that i want to but I dont have any money left. Im just gonna go car-less after i sell it

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Best part is I gave the dealer the list of everything I spent/put in it after they told me they'd replace anything that should have been done before I bought it..

And they said quote: 'This is all maintenance. You didnt have to do all of this work you chose to do it because a mechanic told you to do it. So we will not pay for any of it.'

·
Registered
682 Posts
P0351
P0353
P0354

Getting these 3 codes.. dealer said that I needed to replace the ground wiring on the ignition to clean it up after I told them I put in a new 'coil box' (the MK4 2.0 coils)..

They want $230.00 to repair this.

Is there a way for me to realistically do it myself with little to no car knowledge or is that something I need to leave to the pros?

Then I guess I am just left with replacing the cat soon.. P0420 code.. and the CV boot is leaking grease, so I need to replace that soon too.. probably the fall since the leak is pin-sized and car wont get driven between july 6 and mid october..

Are they wanting to replace the whole harness to the ignition coils? Bet most of the cost is labor. Sorry you're having all this [email protected] happen. Keep your chin up Douglas, you'll be done with school and college before you know it. Your hard work will pay off when you get a good job. You'll get a good car and all this isht will be a distant memory . Meanwhile get your girlfriend to do console you...;)

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Welll.. since i am having my surgery this summer and I cant do anything (ie drive) i decided I'd get a work from home job doing what I like to do (website/servers/etc) and I'll get $500 a week cash to sit at home and do nothing..

So I can dump more money into my little gold digger here..

Are they wanting to replace the whole harness to the ignition coils?
Quote from dealer verbatim says 'Ignition coil ground wiring'

Meanwhile get your girlfriend to do console you...;)
win

·
Registered
3 Posts
P0351
P0353
P0354

Getting these 3 codes.. dealer said that I needed to replace the ground wiring on the ignition to clean it up after I told them I put in a new 'coil box' (the MK4 2.0 coils)..

They want $230.00 to repair this.

Is there a way for me to realistically do it myself with little to no car knowledge or is that something I need to leave to the pros?

Then I guess I am just left with replacing the cat soon.. P0420 code.. and the CV boot is leaking grease, so I need to replace that soon too.. probably the fall since the leak is pin-sized and car wont get driven between july 6 and mid october..
Did you find the root cause of the P0351 P0354? Did you fix it?

Reason I ask is because I also have similar 3 codes: P0352 P0353 P0354 and my EPC light is on.
Thanks in Advance for your reply.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts