1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
Better build up the bottom end. Anything over 300hp is pushing it. People have blown their engines even with ko4's.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would limit it to 300 hp and torque and use a mbc in parrallel to prevent boost spike. This is why I was seriously considering the f21 cause it would do the job but I'm sick of looking under my hood and not seeing my turbo :p Also it looks like it would be a lot more accessible and easier to put since it is top mounted.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Omg, dont even bother with that ATP junk. Seriously its not worth the time. a F21 or even F23 kit will get you the same power with a much better flowing set up.

Not only that they are based off the oem turbo housing/design.

Heck, I would even suggest a CTS hoodwarmer before that (im a bottom mount guy haha)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol yea i agree. Everything about the f21 is better from price to setup but I just really want my turbo top mount :p oh well lol what software do you guys recommend? I had a friend that ran united Motorsports stage 2 and was gonna do that.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I have heard. Whenever people talk about it, I'm assuming it's the maestro thing, they say they have like a 440cc or 550cc file. I cannot find any files info on there website. Do all files just come preloaded on a hand held tuning device that you flash onto ecu through obd2? Basically just looking for an explanation of how they work and there best tune to get me to 300hp and torque.

Also do they have the 2 step?

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
It's a laptop program. cc is your injectors, those files are generally based on how much fuel your boost requires.

They have an online deal where people will help you tune it. Or you can have someone you know who tunes cars use it to tune yours.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I knew that. I was just wondering if It came preloaded with different injector files.

So I would order the maestro program. That would let me download the program onto my laptop. Then I plug my laptop into obd2 and someone online would step me through the tuning process where im guessing, I manually type in all my specs, boost levels, etc? I would have a friend do my tuning.

·
Registered
981 Posts
The Program includes a list of "Base Files" for various motor/injector combos. osme are more set up than others but hte directory is ONLY available inside the program itself. You can also manually override the SAI.

You can load (flash) base files on your own but need to do some research on tuning or find someone that knows maestro. go to Eurodyne.ca and start reading.

If you're stuck on a "top mount" set up then go with a CTS kit or FFE kit. the ATP is more $$ and not capable at all.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Atp looks like less?

Im liking the cts one but what are the advantages to this kit over the frankenturbo. I really like doug and his customer support. But top mount looks bad ass and would be easily accessible.

·
Registered
981 Posts
If you feel like your gonna be puling your turbo a few times a year (I would have no idea why you would) then installs are all about the same.

installing a FT or CTS kit will take about the same amount of time/effort. It comes down to if you want a set up that yells "LOOKATMYBIGTURBO" or one that says "I look like stock but will still put a hurting on you"

The F21 will be cheaper at the end of the day. But not as much headroom for power as a BT housing.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I want to get close to maxing out stock rods. I know the f21 can get me there its just a matter of what tune. Doug said unitronic runs a special f21 tune on a shop car. Im gonna call to see how much and what there power is.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just ordered the f21 kit with 3" maf and bosch 550cc injectors. Ill be running a wideband on 12 pounds untill I get my unitronic f21 tune done so I can go to 22.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
actually....when my ko3 died out I bought a ko3 and ko3s and I kinda put in the ko3...Found out today when I went to go put up my ad for my spare turbos....lol

Also using the eurodyne 550cc f21t tune, not the unitronic

I will keep the n75 valve plugged in and be using the over boost protection kit.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts