VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work today I saw a stock GTI with a woman driving it. In the back seat/trunk area was a Christmas Tree.

I guess she likes the scent of pine?

Versatility. That's what is so great about 'dubs. But I wouldn't want to clean up the sap and pine needles from my carpeting in that situation.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
Ask the boys how much I stuff in the GTI when I go to shows? For not having any leg room in the back seats we do have killer space in the trunks and hatches. I guess when they starting designing them figured screw the backseat drivers on with the groceries!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
My girlfriend parents run a tree lot and I'm spending my winter break away from college working there. I stuffed a six footer in the trunk of a MK4 Jetta the other day.

My Rabbit P/U has become the tree delivery vehicle for people who don't have a way to get it home. I have pictures of it with five 10+ foot tall trees and five or six 5 foot trees in the back.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fourt1thirty:
My girlfriend parents run a tree lot and I'm spending my winter break away from college working there. I stuffed a six footer in the trunk of a MK4 Jetta the other day.

My Rabbit P/U has become the tree delivery vehicle for people who don't have a way to get it home. I have pictures of it with five 10+ foot tall trees and five or six 5 foot trees in the back.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kind of off topics, but you're in college and you have the cash to build your AWD Rabbit? I'm jealous...

Let's see the pictures of the Rabbit pickup with the trees

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
One of the reasons that I bought the GTI is b/c I haul around a 7pc drum set twice a week. I have also hauld a 4' square model, a table saw, two cats in cages, countless moving excursions, and who knows what else. 9 times out of ten, if you see my dub, its got the back seats down.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
my friend and i threw a x-mas tree on the roof of his jetta. ontop of a blanket ofcourse. worked great

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
ive had an 8 foot table squished in the rear of my jetta with the seats down. a little uncomfortable for my friend riding in the back

·
Registered
499 Posts
i transported a fully assembled treadmill in the trunk of my jetta. Plus 3 adults, 1 child (in a car seat) and my sub box up front. My poor car didn't need lowering springs that day!

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Ive carried tons of stuff moving back and forth between school and home. You can really fit a lot in Golfs. Not so much anymore with 2 amps mounted on the back of my back seat though...

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
When Dereks doors were frozen shut i had to pick everyone up for school in the audi. Ended up w/ 6people and 8bookbags. Thats about 950lbs, i had a tire tuck alone with NO pickup, pulling out from a stop on hills was a task. Driving around a 4100lb 150hp car (before chip) is not fun.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
haha yeas a very fun morning....6 people in an audi a4...if i remember correctly, dakoda pulled the e brake and we slid into a parking spot very nicely...anyways...yeas dubs can carry a hefty load
--dave--

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by db:
Ask the boys how much I stuff in the GTI when I go to shows? For not having any leg room in the back seats we do have killer space in the trunks and hatches. I guess when they starting designing them figured screw the backseat drivers on with the groceries!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you usually come stuffed to the brim...but leave almost empty (selling stuff is nice). when I had my mk3 jetta, I had a full sheet of 4x8 2" insulation board (cut in half and stacked over our heads against the headliner) and 3 of my friends (one up front with me, and 2 in the back). it wasnt a heavy load, but it was fun driving with everyone hunched down. and we got rita italian ice too!! haha. vws can hold a lot of stuff thats for sure. and aaron, post the pics of your rabbit pickup with the 10' trees. sounds sweet.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I put a 7 foot artificial tree in the back seat of my golf, in the box, of course the top comes off. But a couple years ago, I helped a friend move her stuff to college, with the seat down, I stuffed it. Plus the only person in my back seat is my 4-year old son, he's not that tall...yet

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
Kind of off topics, but you're in college and you have the cash to build your AWD Rabbit? I'm jealous...

Let's see the pictures of the Rabbit pickup with the trees
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as my car goes... nothings happening in a hurry. The only picture I have of the truck full was taken in the dark... you can't really see anything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts