VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allure:
What do you guys think of this grill?? I think it is pretty hot!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, its hot but you have to be really careful to make it match your other mods and what color your car is. It would look hideous with a blacked out dub.

[ June 16, 2003: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i agree with RafCarre12. u have to watch b/c the grille is a bit different and it won't match if u don't have other mod's to go with it.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
However most grille's like that, you can change the mesh on them.

On my Caractere it came stock with black mesh, I changed it to Aluminium to match my lower mesh. (actually they are all same mesh now). Didn't want to look like a ricer with 4 different mesh designs. HAHA.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The main reason I want this grill is because of the mesh. I plan on having everything aluminum under the hood. I like to match!

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allure:
The main reason I want this grill is because of the mesh. I plan on having everything aluminum under the hood. I like to match!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

el carBOne makes a good point. Matching your lower grills with the same mesh would be sweet.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yeah you do gotta be carefull with the chrome. you never know how it will look with certain mods. what colors your car?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You think the mesh should be black?

I really liked how the aluminum looked. Thats why I wanted this grill, plus the fact that it still has the VW badge. I don't like how the hood looks if the badge isn't there.

Jenn

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am looking for grills now too. (Group buy??) I like the silver but I think I may go with the black. My friend just put in powder coated black set in his 03 Eclipse and it looks sweet.

Anyone know where to find a grill for the single at the very bottom? Not the set of three but the one below that. (Looking for my 03 Jetta)

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NilesSoGarrol:
Anyone know where to find a grill for the single at the very bottom? Not the set of three but the one below that. (Looking for my 03 Jetta)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im not sure what you mean by this? maybe you mean 2 vents, instead of 3? like this:

and if you want to post any ideas for group buys, post it HERE
I think it all depends what color car you have. I think the chrome grill looks good on the blue car (as posted by allure in the first post of this topic), but if I were you, allure, I would go with a 2 vent badgless grill painted red. my $.02

1 - 13 of 13 Posts