VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am moving back to the States after a few years abroad, and already have my GTI picked out. However, I'm getting rediculously high quotes for insurance. Does anybody else experience this? I'm 25, not a blemish on my driving record, have perfect credit, and yet I consistently see prices that are more than $200 per month. WTF? Can anybody recommend a company or particular agent? I can live with a $300 car payment, but a $200 insurance premium is just a bitch. Thanks.
-Steve

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well i guess it depends on where you are going to live. With me i'm just about ready to turn 23 and i have one speeding ticket and the lowest i could find was $300 and something. per month for 5 months on a six month policy.
jon

·
Registered
175 Posts
usually if you havent had insurance in the past six months inside the U.S. then the rates tend to be higher. they will drop eventually but it also depends on where you live.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
my rates just dropped. I now pay $190/month. I have progressive. but yeah its def the car that bumps up the price, my girlfriend and I use to pay the same price and she has had her license suspended. (now she even pays a little less than I do). I would say go to an insurance agent, and get the lowest price. I used to be with erie, then the place also offers progressive. progressive was $50 cheaper.

·
Registered
380 Posts
are u guys paying for full coverage or liability. here in chicago if you own a new car and it is not payed of you need to insure it with full coverage.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RoLLinVDub:
are u guys paying for full coverage or liability. here in chicago if you own a new car and it is not payed of you need to insure it with full coverage.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Correct. I have full on both the Jetta & GTI.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I thnk I'm just going to go with Progressive for about $130 a month. I can deal with that.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
My full is 162/mo and 172/mo on the beetle. Course, Im 26 and married, so I get all the nice discounts. State Farm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts