VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GTI performance part advice

hello,
Just wanted some feedback on some parts I have been interested in purchasing for my 05' GTI, currently I have a Milltek cat back

Interested in any proper short shift kits: need to know feedback on certain brands that people have had success with.

Peoples choice of properly price coil-over kits/ did research on Neuspeed Koni cup for like 500$ was wondering if anyone has it. If anyone has a decently priced proper option for moderately lowering/stiffening the ride of my stock suspension. no more than 1.5 inches. or 1 preferred because I have a set of 15" rims with blizzak winter tires. Don't wish for seasonal issues.

Lastly, Is a Carbonio or apr or .. basically which is the" go to "air intake system. Been seeing hundreds for this model. Really I am concerned with tripping up my mass air flow sensor, preferably I wish not to do so. Any comments to steer me in a good direction, or just not bother messing with it.

I appreciate comments on one or all topics stated, Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
intake: i have the carbonio intake. its a good system. ive been running it since june and havent had any issues with it tripping the light.
shifter: i dnt have any experience personally with short shifters but a tt shifter kit is reasonably priced and supposingably makes a difference.
suspension: if your not concerned with adjustability, it might not be a bad idea to look into a cup kit, or something like that

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
as far as short shifter.. B&M or TT shifter OEM / Performance Parts for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche & Volkswagen - ECS Tuning for the TT shifter.
im running the JOM coils from OEM / Performance Parts for Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Mini, Porsche & Volkswagen - ECS Tuning i like them. they stiffened up the ride and give me a wide range of adjustability. i can go down to i think 2.5" not 100% but they have all the height adjustments on there. i had fk streetlines on my old gti, but they are backordered forever with no release date and may be possibly discontinued. they were 550 for the set jom is 400 something.

carbino intake is good. but with my front mount i cant run a Cold air intake anymore so im running a filter on my maf sensor. no problems. and i got one from autozone for 20 bucks. Spectre filter.

lowering springs you will pay just about the same amount as the JOM coils. Cup kits are decent but will not allow you to go back up in the winter for snow clearence / down for your summer stance pleasures.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
well thanks

Really my worry is tripping the air flow sensor, Thinking about the carbonio just because with your backing/ plus other good words seems like its worth the extra 50$ over generics. As long as i won't have "computer"/ check engine lights for extra air I'm in for it.

The springs seems like a tough contemplation. Those seem to be a budgetary dream. Air is doable. Gotta shop around for the shifter kit for my car. I like feeling the gears properly, but at times it is a longer type throw in my oem 05'.

once again infinitely helpful. rather spend the time now drooling over products and then back check them. Sometimes less is more.

251.10$ for the carbonio intake. bit steep but probably one of the nicer ones.

So i know you guys might be apposed but my nighbor has an older 89' honda civic. He got a HID kit 2 packs 2 harnesses 2 bulbs fit right in. I am interested in reducing the electrical draw'/and improving the lighting for a regular person's budget. Not to be rude but getting a whole new housing is a bit ridiculous seeing how the hella stocks are in near perfect condition. Someone know about a kit and if; so will the "day time " driving lights have issues on the bulbs ... VALID thought.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
agreed.

i mean seriously.. i ran a filter on the maf on my gti.. got my jetta.. put a cold air on.. felt no difference in power and is completely useless on a turbo car since the turbo heats the air anyway...... plus the filter slapped right on the maf never once gave me a cel in either car.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
CAI is the biggest waist of money on a turbo car. Buy a filter and slap it on, 20 bucks and your done. Or just swiss cheese the stock box and buy a K&N drop in. As for shifter TT shifter with metal 42dd bushings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts