VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all - I am from South Africa, my first post here. 2 months ago i purchased a 2000 model Golf 4 GTI 1.8T. What a great car-had a few problems though.My 1st into 2nd grinds bad-but i am not the only one with that problem.My other problem is-My car seems to loose power.I have a K&N filter fitted (normal not Cone filter), and my car goes great.then one day suddenly no boost.I went to dealer and they replaced the airflow meter-all seemed fine after.Now it loosing power again-anyone else got this? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Hmm. The shifting my be some sort-of shift linkage problem. Another think that might cause a possible power loss is the DV (or by-pass valve depending on what you call it) might be shot and your not holding your boost. Anyone else have any suggestions??
jon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey GTI2001-Well apparently my second gear synchro is screwed-so VW is replacing my box.So thats ok.But the power loss is the 2nd time its happened.They said they replaced the air flow meter and it was better.Do u think it is the k&n causing the problem?Bcs my car is quite a bit faster then ones without the filter so i dunno.When the car was going ok and i pulled off flat foot-my tires scarbbles for grip.Now it is like not much pull..so dunno.Thanks for ur response. What u drive man?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with the k&n filter. I know over here in the US the 2.0's where having a problem with the MAF. It might be your sensor again, see if they dealer can pinpoint it. I have a 2001 GTI with the 1.8T.
jon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great man
Appreciate it. Have u got a centre armrest? and sunroof? Really wanted those things. But got black heated leather seats which are rad. Will let u know what they say. Have a good one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts