VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up, my name is chris and im new to the forum. I am the proud owner of a 2001 Pearl Green Gti, fully loaded with the upgraded susp. All my problems began in about october.. when i bottomed out and destroyed my oil pan. I imediatly turned off the car, and had it flat bedded tto the dealer, 2 days later and $480, fixed. about a month and a half go by, im driving home my girlfriend and my oil light starts flashing/beeping. i chech my oil, and level is fine. Call Vw and they say to send it there to them, so i do.. i get a call the next day that my engine is dead. They say its because of me damaging my oil pan, but at the time told me nothing about future potential problems, and refuse to pay for it. now, i know if they properly installed that oil pan, AND FLUSHED OUT THE SYSTEM, there would be no problems today. lukaly my insurance is going to pick it up if my dealer comes down on labor rates.. please give me some input, cuz i am lost on weither to goto court, or what to do... thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there was time between the oil pan and the "death" it would still run, but supposidly there were inch long metal shards in the oil resevoir, 3 cracks in the crank, and 2 bad connecting rods/pistons.. when the oil pan wasz damaged (in october) the oil was leaking out of the pan, but right as it happened i called the tow truck =)..... even though a month and a half later it died.....

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
wow! i'd kill the dealer if i were u. how did u bottom out?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gtispeed01:
there was time between the oil pan and the "death" it would still run, but supposidly there were inch long metal shards in the oil resevoir, 3 cracks in the crank, and 2 bad connecting rods/pistons.. when the oil pan wasz damaged (in october) the oil was leaking out of the pan, but right as it happened i called the tow truck =)..... even though a month and a half later it died.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take that to court! Thats thousands in damage and a new engine! Damage that bad take some major beating. That is BS take them to court

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
yeah really dude, you cant let the dealer do that to ya...the dealer should have fixed it when they first found out the problem, or atleast asked you about it...

sue thems biotches

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dont deal with a dealer try to find a number and call volkswagen of america and tell them you are getting your attorney involved if the problem isnt taken care of.
how many miles did you have on the car when it happened??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts