VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
damn. i have this problem with my guage lights. the speedometer lights up(only after a slight tap to the face), but the tach doesnt. what i want to know is if this is a job i can fix on my own. oh yeah....can i change the color of the lights?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Sounds like a bad connection, maybe a blown bulb. The cluster can be taken out relatively easily, opened, and the items can be fixed/replaced without much hassle. I see your car is a '99 though, is it still under warranty? I only ask because opening your cluster will void it, and if something happens that you can't figure out it could be costly. Colors, gauge faces, can all be changed. There are many companies that sell those things, or ask Das Boot, and different color LED's can be sourced easily enough.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
86 Posts
i had the same problem with mine. the bulb over my tach came loose...i just pushed the prongs down more and it works fine... then i took out the green strip and put a red one in... looks cute... haha i said cute... i have issues

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
yea changing the lights isnt to bad, its just a simple led light its pretty simple to change..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the warranty is up but i have an after factory warranty--not the dealer extended. i will tackle that problem next week, and i will be sure and let you all know how it went. thanks for the tips.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Josh Fryauff, your sig is killer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts