VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to take the Jetta in, I had a horrible noise and couldn't find what was causing it. I thought it sounded like a broken motor mount, but I could not believe one would fall at 50k miles. The left side mount and the bottom transmission mount looked fine, but I couldn't see the right one easily, and didn't bother to dig because I didn't think that could possibly be it. WELL, that was it, and I am very surprised. I drive the car like the average grandmother (I got arrested three years ago for doing otherwise). I was just wondering is it is a problematic part.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yup, seen it several times and helped to replace them but I have never actually don it myself. These are most commonly broken by wheel hop on hard launches. You can prevent this from happening by putting stiffer inserts into your lower dogbone mount, as this will greatly reduce wheel hop. If you have to replace it out of your own $$$ then I would recommend replacing with the Turn2 piece. You can find it here http://www.turn2usa.com

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Damn, that sucks. I guess its a good oppertunity to stiffen things up a bit, eh? Depending on where you drive in the Metroplex, there are some rediculously poor roads around here. I suppose that the rough road might have jarred something loose. My friend just had to replace an a-arm on his MR2 b/c he hit a concrete truck dropping up at Northwest highway and it ripped up the bottom of the control arm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts