VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback for those cheap short ram intakes from Ebay.

There seems to be 2 cheap brands, "Chrome Intakes" and "EAuto Tuning".

I'm looking to buy a cheap SRI, so any input would be great.

Chrome Intakes SRI:
99-04 05 06 Volkswagen NEW BEETLE GOLF JETTA AIR INTAKE on eBay.ca (item 370384942959 end time 21-Jun-10 09:01:13 EDT)

EAuto Tuning SRI:
99-05 VW Beetle Golf Jetta 1.8T 1.9 2.0 2.8 Intake 2001 on eBay.ca (item 400123794252 end time 20-Jun-10 18:46:21 EDT)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for you feedback.

I also heard SRI is better for my 1.8 Turbo. I'll probably try my luck on the "EAuto Tuning" SRI and hope fitment is alright! :)

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,440 Posts
Just put a cone filter on the Mar sensor. Cai make no sense on a Turbo car. All you will gain is noise. As soon as that "cold" air hits the Turbo it gets hot. Thus the purpose of an intercooler. I run open maf. No filter needed.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Just put a cone filter on the Mar sensor. Cai make no sense on a Turbo car. All you will gain is noise. As soon as that "cold" air hits the Turbo it gets hot. Thus the purpose of an intercooler. I run open maf. No filter needed.

I have a CAI.
First I had a short ram.
Honestly, I see no difference. Hear no difference, or feel any difference.
Stick with the SRI.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
For the same price you could go to the parts store and buy a chrome intake piece and a k&n filter and have it done today instead of waiting a week. My opinion. That piece is is plastic from ebay and thats what you will get from a parts store.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts