VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acouple days ago this started. when I turn my turn signal on it flashes slower than usual and when I push on the brakes they stop flashing and both turn signal lights in the counsel light up dimly. also the back up lights do not work anymore. I do not beleive it is a fuse because it started to happen and then it stopped and now it is like this all the time. it is not any of the light bulbs either because I have checked all of those so I am kinda helpless right now. If anyone has any info please help me.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
never heard of that before???? i would also suggest checking the wiring for the cluster... if it seems to be "messed" with i would get a haynes manual and straiten the wires out.
and nice welcome pic raf!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Definately sounds like some bad wiring. I would have said maybe flasher but with all those problems, especially the one with lights dimming when braking, all I could really say is check to see if the tails wiring has been messed with. Thats a weird one

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually have figured out the problem. it was that in the rear light there was a leak causing corrosion in the rear light assembly therefore causing a bridge between the lights. I cleaned off all of the rust and now there is no longer any issues. anyways thanks for the suggestions and help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts