VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Just bought a 93 Rabbit Convertible and the headlights don't come on. I think I need a new headlight switch. How do I remove the old one? Thanks:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I replaced the switch

When I got the new switch I could see how it "snapped in place. I could not reach up behind the dash and get to the springs that held it in. I cheated and drilled two 5/16 holes in the dash on each side of the switch so I could get a screwdriver in from each side to depress the retaining spring. I got the switch out and replaced it with a new one. My head lights still don't work. Any ideas? I know I could not have done this on someone else's car but it's mine and these small "personalized touches" help us old guys deal with stuff.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Headlights`

The fuses are good and the brights come on when you engage them but they won't stay on. My mechanic thinks it's the dimmer switch/turn signal switch. I ordered one for him to put in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That didn't work

Well, the dimmer switch didn't fix the problem. I have no headlights and it's not the dimmer switch or the headlight switch. They will come on when you HOLD the dimmer switch in the flash position so I know the lights are good. Now what?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts