VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I want to add a headder to my 1994 golf 2.0 and I will like to know how many HP it will give to my car.

Thanks.

·
Registered
830 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr_Long:
Folks,

I want to add a headder to my 1994 golf 2.0 and I will like to know how many HP it will give to my car.

Thanks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, IMO, a header on an 8V will yield you little results if any. A stock 8V does not flow a hole bunch of air to worry about getting it out of the motor really quick. An exhaust is helpful because the stock exhaust is so restricting. Also, on a stock small displacement 4 cyclinder, a little bit of backpressure is good to keep the loss of torque to a minimum. I would work on the motor itself, though expensive, is really the best way to get hp from an 8V

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Elvin,

Thanks for your help, now the question will be wish need to be my first steep due that my engine remain stock, I only have an exhaust and 4 dots bosch platinun plugs, what do you recomend me to go first and taking under consederation that a have a small budget for it.

Looking to hear fron any of you guys.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
You can do a number of things for a pretty cheap price. You can get a chip for about $100, a ram air intake for around $150, or you could get a performance camshaft. The actual cam is only about $120 (TT Tuning), but i would suggest getting titanium valve springs too. If you really want your motor to be reliable when replacing your cam, it may cost up to $400, maybe more. Another engine mod would be pulleys.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
underdrive pulley, cam, cam gear, chip, air intake, these are all around the same price(to purchase) some are easy to install and others should be installed by a pro. but you could also ditch tha AC and free up some hp. then put money in the drivetrain.... to make it put the power you already have to the ground more efficiently!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts