VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can any one tell me where i could get headers for a 2002.5 gtivr6,if so what kinda gain could i expect to get out of something like that.also would it be worth it to port and polish my heads

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
From what I've read, there is not a lot of power gained from a header. The aftermarket headers are lighter than stock, but I think that they flow close to the same. Brospeed makes headers for the 12v, and claim 8-12% whp increase, with an exhaust. They run about $300, didn't see anything on the site about 24v though. Autotech fabricated some a few years ago and found that the HP gain was not worth the production costs, keep in mind, that was for the 12v. I don't really think the money to power to praticality ratio is very good for VR headers, thats why there are none on the market!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Josh Fryauff:
From what I've read, there is not a lot of power gained from a header. The aftermarket headers are lighter than stock, but I think that they flow close to the same. Brospeed makes headers for the 12v, and claim 8-12% whp increase, with an exhaust. They run about $300, didn't see anything on the site about 24v though. Autotech fabricated some a few years ago and found that the HP gain was not worth the production costs, keep in mind, that was for the 12v. I don't really think the money to power to praticality ratio is very good for VR headers, thats why there are none on the market!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is this for the MK3 or the MK4? The only headers I've found for the MK4 12v are made by OBX (whoever they are). Trying to locate the headers of which you speak...

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
It's not worth it, VR6's have very good stick exhaust manifolds, you won't get more the a couple HP, and headers for the VR are very expensive too. Save your money for some other mods.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
It's not worth it, VR6's have very good stick exhaust manifolds, you won't get more the a couple HP, and headers for the VR are very expensive too. Save your money for some other mods.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Roger dodger. I am still crying over not getting the 24v haha. I need to at least get up to that kind of power and responsiveness!

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
Is this for the MK3 or the MK4? The only headers I've found for the MK4 12v are made by OBX (whoever they are). Trying to locate the headers of which you speak...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Besides Brospeed, Supersprint is the only other making headers for the 12v MkIV's, could be wrong...

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
Roger dodger. I am still crying over not getting the 24v haha. I need to at least get up to that kind of power and responsiveness!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do the exhaust, chip, and maybe pulleys and you'll be there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts