VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know that if you have square lights and you want to do circle you have to get new fenders and core support. do you have to get new fenders because there will be a gap where the old wrap around blinkers were because my car has squares but doesnt have wrap around blinkers do i still need new fenders.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 79_rabbit:
ok i know that if you have square lights and you want to do circle you have to get new fenders and core support. do you have to get new fenders because there will be a gap where the old wrap around blinkers were because my car has squares but doesnt have wrap around blinkers do i still need new fenders.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your fenders will work fine. The fenders on my car actually came from a '79 square light Rabbit. They're the better choice since the german fenders that roundlight cars came with had trim holes in the body line which are a whore to fill. While you fenders have no holes in that line.

·
Registered
15 Posts
bringing this one back from the deep....

I DON'T know what it takes to do a round headlight conversion on a PA build 81 rabbit

Link or explanation anyone?

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Fenders and a core support. You'll need to fill the gaps on the inner fenders since they're notched for the corner lights and wont reach the new core support properly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts