VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been lookin on the market for the Jetta to Golf headlight conversions
so far i understand i need a rad bracket support golf grill golf hood what else must i do for the conversion and what kind of rough price rang am i looking at i know fk has all th parts i need just not sure it would work correctly any pics or suggestions will help me ty

·
Registered
354 Posts
AFAIK you don't need to swap out any of the radiator supports or anything like that...everything I've ever read about the swap only indiciates you need lights, grille, and hood. The cost can range from basically free (if you find someone with a Golf who wants to swap fronts with your Jetta, all you lose is your stock parts) to moderately expensive, maybe $100 or so if you pull the parts out of an inexpensive junkyard, or on up to several hundred dollars if you go all-out with new headlights, aftermarket grille, CF hood, etc.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
if your looking for the mk3 setup and your jetta is black... i would be interested in a possible exchange. i am looking for a little something different too.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
The green Mk3 at the GTG was a getta with Mk4 lights, that is what colin wants hes just not wording it well.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dakoda once u made the mk3 golf conversion all u have to do is buy the kit for the mk3 golf there not really mk4 there lookalikes they fit a mk3 conversion so all u need is the hood grill and u dont need a rad supp there not the real mk4 headlights there made for the mk3 style golf front end they dont make for jetta so all i need is the hood and grille sould be no prob when im ready to do body work ty for the posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and eww dave my mom is beat

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
colin re think what ur gonna do. The lights are mk4, either look alikes or real if u dont get a rad support ur gonna have to cut some body, and get a mk3 golf end, its more money and a bigger hassle than u wanna deal with right nonw

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know its somethign i want to do in the future once i get my other shit done and i woudl rather cut then have to buy a new rad supp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts