VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
New user in desperate need of help!
My passenger side headlight (the whole light cluster, not just the bulb) got smashed the other day and me being me thought it would only be a few screws and 10 minutes to replace it with a new unit, however I cant seem to get at the 2 bottom screws to get the old unit out!
Does anyone have any tips that they could pointme at as Im struggling badly here!
Many thanks in advance,

Ben

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Sorry to tell you but the best way is to take the front bumper right off. It is actually very easy taking it off but you need at least 1 friend to help. Hoist would be nice too. First unscrew the wheel well cover on both sides of the car. Just the first 4 or 5 screws will do don't have to take it off. There will be 2 screws or so. Then at the front you will need to take out your bottom plastic fillers that look like your grill but black and there will be bumper screws as well.

Unplug your corner bumper lights.

Then remove your grille, careful with that grill lock thingy it is very thin metal. (yet strong I must say, I replaced my grille twice already. I made the mistake of putting my grille on before painting, then had to take it off again to get it painted).

I hope this helped.

[ December 12, 2002: Message edited by: TF242 ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts