VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got the golf head lights and i went to go put them in the connter for the bulds and everything didn't line up at alll .. like it had one clap for alll 3 lights i thought it just plug into the fatocyry one .. and the bults for it didn't line up if any one could help me i would make it a big help thanks .... tom

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i got the golf 3 to golf 4 ... and the high beam low beam and fog light all come to one place ... it look like it just clicks in to the stock headlights housing ...but it seems that the golf has a differnt stock housong connector... is that better

·
Registered
65 Posts
I looked at your car domain site and Im not sure what your doing. Are you tring to get a golf headlight to line up with your jetta stock headlight?? Unless you have a front end conversion thats not going to fit at all. And if you do have a front end conversion aftermarket headlights usually need a european radiator support. Then you'll have to re-wire the after market headlights to your stock ones.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yeah, the new headlights arent just going to plug in. You've gotta LOAD of wiring to do, you have to rewire the turn signals, the headlights, and the foglights. Nothing that can't be done with some electrical tape, common sense, wire, and butt crimp connectors. it's not real hard, just takes a little patience and some time. You are probably going to have to replace your front radiator support to make the healdights fit in anyway. That is one hell of a bitch to do seein as you have to take the bumper cover, grille, headlights, turn signals, etc. off and then pu in the new one. There are several other posts on this conversion, take a look at those and bounce around from some of the sights in the advertisers section, they usually have some info about installation of products in there too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well if you did buy golf headlights to fit in your jetta, you still need a couple other things. You need to get a golf grill and hood to make the whole conversion complete. If you have all these parts it will work out nicely and have a real clean look. Good luck!

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
You would be better off finding someone with a golf/gti to swap front ends. Will make everything easier, and with your mk4look lights for the mk3, if you orded from a good company I think they come with Wiring adapters so no crimping is needed. What brand lights did you get, or do u have normal mk4 headlights you are trying to fit on the mk3. Big difference there.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks a lot ... now i need a site or a place i can call to order the radior suppport that i need .... and if there and pics that you can send me on how tooo do it would help out tooo .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts