VW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else have an annoying rattle at like 3000 rpms? has anyone just ripped the downpipe heat shield off? if so does it cause any problems?

·
Registered
110 Posts
same when i had my jetta. It was the cat heatshield. jut get it tack welded and its as good as new

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
It is the DP heatshield on his car. The bolts get rusted and break, when you try to take off the good one you can't turn because of the rust.I'll beat the crap out of it and try to bend it up tonighth Derek

·
Registered
38 Posts
i had the same problem mine was annoying as hell so one sunny day i got this brite idea and RIPPED it off of there now it as quite as a mouse cept for my roaoring exhaust. so to give you an idea jus rip it off unless you other guys know some negative affect it has by taking it off if so tell me so i can maybe buy a new one but so far i havent had ne problems!!!

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so you have had no problems at all since taking it off? well then consider mine gone haha

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
anyone ever see a how-to post on this? any help would be appreciated, id love to get rid of that annoyin sound

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea i guess things dont always need to be ripped off they can always be fixed haha

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
i have had my fill of heat sheilds on my car and to tell u the truth i ripped all of them off basically....doesnt cause any harm...good luck derek

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alrite.. yea ive talked to a few people and everyone just says theres no problems with doing it, just car heats up alot quicker

1 - 16 of 16 Posts