VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to get my car to stay warm in the cab. It runs at normal temp and the fan comes on for the heater but the temp won't change up or down. Checked fluids and all is good. Maybe something to do with the heat knob or something maybe? Any ideas on how to fix? A while ago, the heater knob seemed slightly resistant but it eventually loosened back up. IDK if that has anything to do with the heater prob because that was summer time... Also, the cab will warm up slightly if the car isn't moving but once I'm on the road, the heat just dissipated.

Any help appreciated!

mkiv 2.0 gti

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't seem to get my car to stay warm in the cab. It runs at normal temp and the fan comes on for the heater but the temp won't change up or down. Checked fluids and all is good. Maybe something to do with the heat knob or something maybe? Any ideas on how to fix? A while ago, the heater knob seemed slightly resistant but it eventually loosened back up. IDK if that has anything to do with the heater prob because that was summer time... Also, the cab will warm up slightly if the car isn't moving but once I'm on the road, the heat just dissipated.

Any help appreciated!

mkiv 2.0 gti
Common fault is a temp sensor failure. Either temp needle jumps around or doesnt read or over reads temp. Search for temp sensor and have a read.:lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea the jetta I purchased would not respond when I turned the knob. Found out it was the blower motor. Found one on Ebay for $55 shipped to the door! Just installed it and it's blowing hard!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts