VW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,488 Posts
Straz85 said:
My friend bought a set and said they were pieces of crap and promptly sent them back.
Cheap price=Cheap product.

You get what you pay for unless you find a Big Brand item on a close out sale.

It's your car=It's your choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,124 Posts
SleepyHeadGTi said:
Straz85 said:
My friend bought a set and said they were pieces of crap and promptly sent them back.
Cheap price=Cheap product.

You get what you pay for unless you find a Big Brand item on a close out sale.

It's your car=It's your choice.
WRONG
188$ ebay headlights on my car, ask anyone who has seen them, they are quality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
777 Posts
badboyvdubb said:
does anyone know if these are good headlights or know any pros and cons about these let me know i just found them and they are on sale really cheap
hey dude, i've seen a bunch of these in person and they arent really all that great, i'm using the FK's and have gotten TONS of complements on them, hellix is a twisted-for-ebay brand name, supposed to make people think of hella headlights, dont get me wrong, they are decent quality, i think you'd be happier with the fk's though, i've have several people with the hellix's come up to me and ask me where i got mine and what brand they are, good luck though either way...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Marcus C said:
badboyvdubb said:
does anyone know if these are good headlights or know any pros and cons about these let me know i just found them and they are on sale really cheap
hey dude, i've seen a bunch of these in person and they arent really all that great, i'm using the FK's and have gotten TONS of complements on them, hellix is a twisted-for-ebay brand name, supposed to make people think of hella headlights, dont get me wrong, they are decent quality, i think you'd be happier with the fk's though, i've have several people with the hellix's come up to me and ask me where i got mine and what brand they are, good luck though either way...
thanks so the ones you have are fk's ? where did you order yours im not looking for angel eyes or anything like that just HID look with black backing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
777 Posts
got mine from e-bay, they are angel eye's but the rings where yellowish, and the bulb is really hard to find, so i just disconnected them. the seller on ebay i used was "oemgermanparts" he's actually in germany, and a really good guy. but yeah, mine are FK's and i love them, no hazing, great quality wiring harnesses and everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
777 Posts
badboyvdubb said:
how is the wiring is easy and basic like plugs on both ends one connecting to the light the other to the stock harness ?
yeah, its really basic, and extremely easy to do neatly if you take the front bumper and grill off. you have to run a power wire from the battery to the headlights with a relay in the middle somewhere, but it comes with a wiring harness with a plug, so you cant really wire it wrong, the only thing that was "wrong" with my kit was that where the wiring harness from the relay snaps into the actual headlight wiring harness, the connections for one of the wires on both sides where both female, so i had to clip the wire, strip it and solder the two wires together (i could have used butt connectors) anyway, i took my time and did everything extremely neatly, and had the whole thing done in about two hours, thats actually including cigarette breaks, and trips to the fridge for beer, and about 20 minutes of cutting up with my friend that was "supervising" :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,488 Posts
98a4 said:
SleepyHeadGTi said:
Straz85 said:
My friend bought a set and said they were pieces of crap and promptly sent them back.
Cheap price=Cheap product.

You get what you pay for unless you find a Big Brand item on a close out sale.

It's your car=It's your choice.
WRONG
188$ ebay headlights on my car, ask anyone who has seen them, they are quality.
Good deals DO come along... as stated above...
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top