VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see this kit for sale, it comes with the grill pieced and everything you'd ever want foglights to come with
, but it says not reccomended for the turbo (for the ones on e-bay, golf and jetta)...anyone know the reason for this? And why doesn't Hella's website say anything about this?

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
They say that because the fog lights in the grill may restrict airflow to the intercooler. They don't say it will, just that it might. Realworld: lots of people have done it without a problem. I thought about getting those too but I've bought into the whole letting my turbo (and CAI) get as much air as possible.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
i was under the impression that they did make these same type of fog lights which worked for a turbo car.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Check out tmtuning.com. I think on page 2 of their golf 4 exterior they have some fogs with air vents also. Remember, the intercooler is behind the vent on the passenger side, and if you have a CAI it's on the driver's side so blocking air flow to these can hurt performance (Just means you need to buy a front mount, and pop an itg filter in the stock box with a rerouted 3" pipe for air flow
).

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ones they list for the jetta are open, they look like they'd allow air through just fine...I might just have to look into a set of these.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have the bumper vents without the fogs and I like them. The ones with the fogs are quite sharp looking. I'd do a fender liner mod at least on my intercooler side when installing these just to get a bit more air flow in there.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I have got my European 4Motion front spoiler cut open on the side vents to allow more air to reach my CAI, but then again, not too many people have a European bumper to run this valence...at least on Golfs. The Jetta will accept a 4Motion front spoiler stock...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts