VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the best price on getting one. Find em on ebay for like $205 delivered but I really want to make sure this is my best deal. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do the Ecode tinted rear lights come with the rear fog light? Also db, those lights on the link don't look very tinted.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sb dodger 81:
Do the Ecode tinted rear lights come with the rear fog light? Also db, those lights on the link don't look very tinted.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it is Hella I am 100% sure they do.

Mine did. All I have to do is wire the Euro switch to the rear fog light.

Here is the procedure that I'll be doing tomorrow.

I hope This Helps

·
Registered
174 Posts
I saw that same thread (on the rear fog install). Let me make sure I understand this mod. Basically I'm just running a wire from the Euroswitch to the empty socket in my tail light and putting in a clear bulb, the rest should be there? I have an '02 Jetta with stock tails.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I can't confirm your stock tails (whether they have it or not), cuase I store them at my parents house. I can do it when I am there, though.

When you turn your rear fog on, do you see the indication on your instrument panel?

If yes, I think you have to splice the wire instead of plugging it into the NSL Terminal and then like you said run the wire.

I checked my Hella CLears yesterday and they did have the rear fog socket, and I did put in a clear bulb already in it.

OK, I am going now to do this.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Didn't see an indicator light come on in either fog position, so I'm guessing that I just have to run the wire and plug into the nsl pin. I saw a separate procedure for enabling the dash indicator which I'm far too lazy to do, plus I find them distracting.

My planned mod list is growing quickly; I'll have to wait for some warmer temps though.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
ive been wanting to do this, never got around to it though. i should be doin it soon.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I did all the wiring and tested the fog. N I C E !!! I love it.

Now I unplugged it so that I can do the proper "hidding of the wire".

I will take some pics tomorrow if you guys want?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got a response back from NOPI. They have the HELLA smoke tail lights for BORA in stock and going for $150.79 plus about $15 shipping. Called in today for my set. Hope to get if not by end of week then first of next week!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ok, two questions:

1) what is the point of the rear fog light?

20 Could I use that channel on the e-code to wire in another set of driving lights? That way I could use them in the country, but not get ticketed in the city for too many front facing lights.

Thanks for your help guys, it seems that the electrical stuff is my weakness..

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The real point for the rear fog is to make yourself more visible in bad weather. This bad snow storm we had like two years ago I saw a benz over a mile away with his euro fog light and it really made him stick out in that bad weather.
Yeah you could use that port as the secondary trigger for a second set of fogs up front. Just remember which is which.

·
Registered
174 Posts
And if you run your "country driving lights" from the rear fog position, they won't turn off with the highbeams, so that would actually be ideal for the type of driving you are describing. Not sure about the laws in other states but in NJ, fogs are only supposed to be on with low beams; driving lights are only supposed to be on with highbeams.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Ok, two questions:

1) what is the point of the rear fog light?

20 Could I use that channel on the e-code to wire in another set of driving lights? That way I could use them in the country, but not get ticketed in the city for too many front facing lights.

Thanks for your help guys, it seems that the electrical stuff is my weakness..
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1) The point of the rear fog (it is very bright red by the way, not white) is exactly what they said above. It foul weather you will be visible. You know how when there is really foggy or thick rain and you can see shit up front? Well, you would see me. (or anybody else with the fog). As the law goes? I don't know each states. I have only driver's side. My buddy who has BMW has it on both sides STOCK. (I always thought in ONTARIO you could only have it on driver's side, but I guess not, since BMW sells them on both sides stock).

2) Yes you could wire in another set of lights to the NSL lead in your socket. It is already fused as well, mine was. You have to ground them on a good sold ground though.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey all, just thought you should all see this. Coming from a ricer company they aren't BSing. This is my second Hella purchase from them in two years and both of these times I am VERY happy!!!

NOPI deal on MKIV Bora tail lights!!!!!!!!!

Final price to my house delivered was $162 (rounding off change)!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Dang, not a moderator here, will one of you moderators fix his URL link please?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts