VW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name: Katherine
Occupancy: Custodian (looking for something better)
School: Not enrolled currently. Although, I need to finish my bachelor's ASAP!

Interests: Hiking, disc golf, concerts, books, traveling, French, having my car run.

How'd you find the forum?: The starter on my car recently went out. After that, I ran fine but randomly shut off at a stop sign. It started back up right away and I didn't have any problems for a week maybe. It cut off again when I was slowing down to enter a parking lot and wouldn't start back up. Now, the car won't start at all so I'm here to get some help.

Car: MKIII '99 Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0

·
Registered
828 Posts
Name: Katherine
Occupancy: Custodian (looking for something better)
School: Not enrolled currently. Although, I need to finish my bachelor's ASAP!

Interests: Hiking, disc golf, concerts, books, traveling, French, having my car run.

How'd you find the forum?: The starter on my car recently went out. After that, I ran fine but randomly shut off at a stop sign. It started back up right away and I didn't have any problems for a week maybe. It cut off again when I was slowing down to enter a parking lot and wouldn't start back up. Now, the car won't start at all so I'm here to get some help.

Car: MKIII '99 Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0

Welcome to the site!
Does it turn over when you try to start it? Or does it just click? Sounds like the alternator isn't charging the battery..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts