VW Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first day on this board. I have owned several VW cars in the past and currently own a 2013 GTI and a 2006 Golf GL 2.0
I can't seem to be able to post anywhere else so I will go ahead and ask my question here. On my 2006 Golf I have been having a strange behavior from the Transmission. The car will drive fine all day and all of a sudden I could stop at a traffic light and the transmission completely fails to respond. No reverse, no gears at all, as if I am in neutral. If I shut the car off and restart it, it will run perfect again with no issues at all.
I want to take it to the dealership but I want to be educated first before I end being asked to spend a lot of money on the car. I do not feel this is a mechanical problem but more of an electronics issue. I have had 2 transmissions fail on me in the past, both were German cars, and this is not how things went down. What do you guys think the problem is here?

:D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
About this Discussion
0 Replies
1 Participant
kzanika
VW Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to entirely to all Volkswagen models including the Golf, Jetta, and Passat! Come join the discussion about TDI, Turbos, reviews, maintenance, upgrades, and more!
Full Forum Listing